Current trade item. Full makeover by Sorg Sorg Sorg up for trade!

Thursday 15 November 2007

A bit of an idiot

I thought i'd share with you readers an incident that happened to me last week that is both quite shocking and amusing at the same time (at least to me it is!).

My wife was giving me a lift to work early one morning. We stopped on the junction at the end of our road waiting to turn right. The car in front of us that had already begun turning decided to change its mind and reverse back sharply. With the result being it reversed right into us. The driver (a male roughly around the age of 18 got out). To begin with he was almost apologetic and started to say that there was no damage. When he took the car forward so that we could see there was a deep scratch on our car. So my wife said "yes there is damage". I still hadn't said anything by this point. I was just stood there thinking "what an idiot for reversing back like that" sort of thing. Now I must have been smirking over this or something like that because the young kid saw me and just started going off his head and abusing me shouting at me and stuff and then said something along the lines of "...i'll smash your head in...". Bearing in mind I still hadn't said anything by this point I did something really stupid. I just responded with 3 words "go on then". After I said this he started giving reasons why he wasn't going to do it "if I didn't have my kid in this car" blah blah. While he continued with his tirade I just wrote down his license plate number.

A passer by rolled down her window and started having a go at the guy. Asking what he thinks he's doing verbally abusing people like this and stuff like that. She asked him if he had any insurance to which he replied no and jumped in his car and zoomed off.

Due to his abusive behaviour we decided to go and report the incident to the police (which was a bit of a drama in itself finally finding someone able to take our statement!).

Other than our trip to Paris that is the only bit of excitement to happen to me since my last post.

No comments: